“SLUSH PUPPIES!”
“Almost done sir” responded a meek balding middle age man. Even his suspenders trembled as he responded to the powerful head chief of Luby’s cafeteria in PV mall.
“WE HAVE TEN MINTUTES TO DINNER RUSH!!!!!”
The spit of the head chief’s mouth moistened the man’s flaking skin as he whisked a gigantic bowl of pudding.
“BATTLESTATIONS”
“BATTLESTATIONS”
“BATTLESTATIONS”
The crew took their positions. One manned the cash register the other four the food distribution line. An unusual silence blanketed the cafeteria like a heavy fog. Hand gestures were used coupled with eye contact to predict the pending attack.
Suddenly the sound of slowly moving squeaky shoes echoed in the nearby J.C. Penny.
“HOLD IT”
“HOLD IT!”
The orchestra of squeaks suddenly got louder as a man fell over a display case.
“NOW!”
Slimy, squishy food palpable only for the few in which teeth abandoned while Kennedy was writing lusty letters to models lit the arena. Their wax coverings were pulled off with such bravado the messy substance seemed valuable.
“I’m scared sir”
“I know”
“I know”
The sounds of artificial teeth slopping against the roof of ancient mouths bombarded the cafeteria.
“THEIR COMING!!!”
“PROTECT THE VENTS!”
With in moments bodies that usually lay dormant in front of Matlock ransacked the cafeteria. The head chief knowing he only had a few more breaths to live wrote this letter.
Dear World,
They moved like quick-witted raisins. Only a blur of wrinkles and a stuffy smell could be detected. Randy was hit first. They grabbed his cheeks and his heart exploded from pure terror. I tried throwing coupons for Costco at them but it was no use. As I lay here knowing I only have moments to live I write you this. May the day be upon us in which it is possible to tame the old and understand their beastly ways. Until then I say goodbye to you cruel world.
~ H.M. Huxley
No comments:
Post a Comment